Pastor: Fr. Paul MacNeil
This Sunday's Bulletin
This Sunday's Bulletin
I was appointed as pastor of Our Lady of the Scapular parish in November 2015 and I am delighted to be here. Before that, I was pastor of St. Ann's parish in Fenwick Ontario, a small but loving community about 30 minutes from here. I was born and raised in St. Catharines and ordained to the priesthood in 1999. Currently I am Chair of the Niagara Catholic District School Board and I'm working on my PhD in Religious Studies at McMaster University. As your pastor, my first priority is just to listen, to get to know you and understand the best way for me to serve you and to bring you closer to each other and to God through Christ.
St. Denis Roman Catholic Church
A Catholic Centre of Excellence
We are pleased that you wish to become an Altar Server here at St. Denis. This is an important ministry which enhances the celebration of Holy Mass.
Altar Serving is one of the ways our young people can begin to live out their Baptism promises by serving others and witnessing to their faith in Jesus Christ. By serving at the altar and assisting the priest, altar servers have the opportunity to celebrate the Mass with more devotion and love.
In our parish, any child between grades 3-12 can become an altar server. All servers are encouraged to serve each time they are at Holy Mass, even if that is by sitting in choir (sitting in server attire and saying the Mass responses).
To sign up, please contact Fr. Stephen at the parish office, 905-685-5911 or by emailing email@example.com
Ministers of the Word
Here at St. Denis, the Ministers of the Word serve by proclaiming Sacred Scripture during the Liturgy of the Word. The competent exercise of this role enables the Church to hear the Word of God more clearly and receive it more readily.
Your responsibilities will include:
1. Preparing for your role by rehearsing and coming to understand the biblical text assigned to you.
2. Participating fully in the liturgy as an exemplary member of the assembly.
3. Proclaiming the biblical text with clarity, conviction, dignity, and understanding.
4. Expressing reverence and decorum in carrying out your role according to the general liturgical norms.
5. Participating in rehearsals of ceremonial procedures in the parish community; when necessary.
6. Being faithful to the schedule and arriving about 15 minutes prior to the start of Mass.
7. Finding coverage if you are not able to make your scheduled weekends.
To sign up, please contact the parish office at 905-685-5911